Return to Workshop Plans and Ideas

Workshop Flooring

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kschafer
    Participant

Hello fellow woodworkers, thought I would try out the new forum and ask a question that has been on my mind…
    What type of flooring do you have in your shop? The concrete floor in my shop is fine, but the contraction joints are a nuisance with my mobile carts etc, the floor is cold in the winter, and it does not lend itself to noise suppression. I have been toying with the idea of putting down a wood floor, perhaps overlain with a roll out mat material, but I’m not convinced yet that it is worth the expense and effort. Your thoughts, pros and cons, experience, advice would be appreciated!
    Thanks, Kris

bblackwell
    Participant

Based on the date of your post, I suspect you have already solved this problem but I will give you my two cents worth. I was faced with the same problem with the shop space that came with the house I purchased in 2016. I filled in the expansion joint gaps with a caulk material. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the brand. You want something that is not brittle. The attached photo shows the finished product; the joint is between 4″ and 4-3/4″.

Ben Blackwell

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.